5 Tips for “Falling” into Fall
The leaves are beginning to turn, pumpkins are all about, and the air has that crisp fresh smell…must be Fall. It’s definitely my favorite time of the year! But just in case that’s not enough to motivate you for the upcoming season, here are 5 quick and easy tips that will have you simply “falling” for Fall:
- Get scent-imental: One of the most effective things you can do quickly, easily, and inexpensively is changing up the scent of your home by adding Fall-scented potpourri, diffuser oils, and candles. Smell is powerful on the senses, and hints of cinnamon cider or pumpkin spice can bring pleasant memories of Fall.
- Fall for fabrics: Tossing a few Fall-inspired throw pillows on a couch makes a big impact without breaking the bank. Look for pillows in warmer tones and add a textured throw to the couch that you can cozy up with when watching TV or reading a book.
- Focus your flair: Few people can afford to completely redecorate their home for each season and it really isn’t necessary. Focus on a few key areas for the most impact. Seasonal décor doesn’t have to take over everything. For example, consider sprucing a fireplace mantel, dining room table or adding a trendy succulent topped pumpkin to an entry console.
- Burn a candle: Lit candles add instant fall ambiance and are also functional as daylight hours shorten. Lit candles often seem to resonate this time of year. It’s not quite time to light a fireplace, so candles are a great way to bring in some warmth and coziness.
- Serve with style: Fill your cupboards with Fall-inspired serve-ware to make dinnertime more fun. You don’t have to save them for Thanksgiving dinner…use them every day!
Feel free to leave comments below on your favorite Fall decorations, pass-times or simply just to say HI!